Jo Gillies formed ARCHISOUL ARCHITECTS in 2012. Jo successfully ran her Architectural practice (formerly Jo Gillies. Architect) for over 16 years on the northern beaches of Sydney NSW.
The practice with their combined experience provides a valuable comprehensive service to any project whether large or small. Specialising in contemporary ecologically sustainable design, we create modern, soulful and organic architecture that activates and inspires the soul. Our Architecture literally ‘holds the space’ for our clients and occupants.
Working as a team with the client, consultants and builders, spaces are created that are uplifting, functional and distinctive. Communication and trust is fundamental to Archisoul acknowledging that a full understanding of the client’s requirements is one of the keys to creating a stunning design solution and end result. As a consequence, a trusting and comprehensive working relationship is valued and maintained throughout the project.
At Archisoul we are a full service architectural practice, from the first feasibility stage through to the construction stage and completion. Projects are developed in our 3D ArchiCAD program, this enables the design and the creative process to be described in both aesthetic and practical terms. Our methodology is such that from the feasibility stage, Archisoul works with a Quantity Surveyor, (or builder) to provide a probable construction cost summary. Archisoul also offers consultancy services in design and project management.
Our expert team consists of Registered Architects, Graduate and Student Architects and Interior Designers. In addition to our internal team, specialist consultants may be engaged during a project and they form part of the building team whose integrated input and expertise ensures the successful completion of a project. They can include: Town Planner, Engineers (Structural, Civil, Hydraulic and Integrated Building Services Engineers), Surveyor, Heritage, Geotechnical, Wave Impact, Wildlife Corridor Expert, Bushfire, Traffic Engineer, Scenic Foreshore Expert, View Analysis Expert and other specialists as required. We enjoy the challenge that every project is different and consultant requirements can range from minimal to multifaceted.
The following aspects and typically more non-traditional consultants (including our own experiential and applied knowledge) are integrated, where applicable and where required to carry out our philosophy:
- Alternative Energy – integrating solutions into the home and workplace to reduce energy consumption. This service is also liaised and consulted with the Building Service Engineers also for creative and known solutions.
- Eco Specifications – non-toxic materials that hold low embodied energy, low life-cycle cost, biodegradable/recyclable/reusable materials, ethically sourced (e.g. no rainforest or growth/poorly managed forestry practices) – all relating to respecting the Earth’s energy.
- Interior Finishes and Fixtures – close to nature with a high vibration/energy that uplift spirit and soul.
- Colour Consultants – work with the vibration of colour and how colour complements the individual, providing joy, health and nurturing.
- Community Living – recognising the community aspect of a home and building as well as the connection to the broader society. And also inter-generational living to enhance familial connections.
- Healthy Energy – removing toxins from the building, limiting electromagnetic smog, geopathic stress and working with the Earth’s energies for each individual site. We work with a Building Biologist for assessing, advice and input.
- Space Clearing and Feng Shui – Energy healing and crystal energy to support the Earth and its occupants. We work with a consultant to assist when applicable.
- Sacred Geometry – Sacred geometric responses, Geometria and vision. In our logo, the ‘A’ is featured as , which is the Sacred geometry symbol for ‘air’. The ‘air’ for Archisoul is bringing the breath of the soul into the building.